Monday, August 19, 2013

Letter to my baby


My dear Sofie.

 
I always planned on writing you a letter for your first birthday, I just didn’t think it would be 9 months later (oops!).
Being pregnant with you was one of the happiest times of my life, topped only by actually having you here in my arms. Giving birth to you was truly the most miraculous and beautiful things I have ever experienced. You may not understand my love for you until you have a baby of your own, but I'll say it anyways – I love you more than words can ever say. You are the sunshine of my life.

This past year you’ve had many firsts. Rolling over, giggling, sitting up, crawling and now walking. You still have a lifetime of firsts ahead of you and I want you to know I will always be there with you every step of the way. You also have a few first words/sounds now - Mama, you say bow wow when you see a dog, you roar like a lion, Hi, Bye. Seeing you grow and watching your personality develop over the months has been such a joy. You are a silly, spunky, sweet and a hilarious little girl.

There are so many memories I do not want to ever forget. Like how you scrunch up your nose every time you smile. Your sweet belly laugh. The look of pride on your face when you first pulled yourself up. How you love chasing Papa around the couch every evening he gets back home. How every night before bed you have to look outside the window and then crawl back and lay your head on us when you are tired and ready to get in bed. You dancing to Gangnam style. These are only a few of the wonderful sweet moments you have given us and I cannot wait to make many more memories with you.  You have changed our lives forever and we cannot imagine life without you.
I am so excited to see the little girl, the young lady and the woman you will become. I just want you to always know, I love you so so much and I am so very proud to be your Mama.
Happy birthday, my sweet baby girl.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment